Besides Myren of course. (It goes without saying that my chauffeur Myren is a football nut. Or maybe it’s just that he’s a nut and he watches football.)
But it might be rare to be both a romance novel nut and a football nut at the same time. I’m not sure. How does one know this kind of thing?
You know if you’re a Romance Novel Football Loving Nut if:
- Your husband asks “Did you see that catch?” and you have to take your earbuds out because you’ve been listening to the latest Nora Roberts audiobook
- You jump from your chair to cheer the touchdown and knock the kindle from your lap and it pages forward wildly in the process before you had a chance to bookmark it.
- You have a paperback with a picture of a half-dressed cowboy on the cover on your lap during the game that you’re hiding under a football shaped pillow.
- You refuse the drink your friend offers because you don’t want to risk spilling it on your iPad while you’re reading your romance.
- Your husband says “It was a bad call honey, but you don’t need to cry about it” when he sees the tears streaming down your face because you just reached a sappy special moment in the love story you’re surreptitiously listening to.
- Your husband says “Why are you all pink honey?” when he turns to high five you after your team wins and you can’t bring yourself to tell him it was the hot scene you just finished reading so you say “I’m excited about the big win.”
Or you have to tell your chauffeur to stop shouting at the TV because the refs can’t hear him anyway and you can’t hear the audiobook you’re listening to just when they’re getting to the juicy part (this works great to help take the edge off bad reffing during the game).
Only two weeks to go and then I can go back to enjoying romance novels uninterrupted by cheering for my team and despairing about NFL refereeing. That’s one good thing about being a romance novel fan–they’re always in season!
Speaking of seasons, we’re coming up on the season of love if there is one–Valentine’s Day. Myren thinks it’s no coincidence that I’m mentioning a boxed set called Season of love with 5 Valentine novellas for $.99. For once he’s right.
Do you have a favorite Valentine romance to recommend?